Driver’s License Reinstatements
The Law Office of Jack L. Zaremba is dedicated to getting you back on the road. We have handled reinstatements in Joliet Illinois for years and years. Our experience will help you restore your driving privileges and allow you to stop asking for rides from friends and family. We will provide the representation you need to get you back on the road.
Types of Suspensions / Revocations
Most drivers aren’t aware how important their license is until they lose it. In Illinois, driving is a privilege, not a right. There is no constitutional guarantee to drive an automobile. The loss of your driving privileges, due to either a suspension or revocation, can be devastating. The following are some typical suspensions / revocations that occur:
- DUI suspensions can cause you to lose your license up to 36 months
- Statutory Summary Suspensions
- Automatic suspension resulting from a DUI arrest whether alcohol or drugs
- Suspensions can last from 6 months to 36 months
- Revocations can range from one (1) year to lifetime revocations
- Hearings are required to restore driving privileges from a DUI revocation
- Statutory Summary Revocations
- Accidents resulting in significant injuries or death
- Driving relief not available for 12 months minimum
Getting You Back On The Road
It’s highly probable that you will require a Restricted Driving Permit (RDP) following a DUI suspension or revocation. The type of suspension or revocation dictates the driving relief that will be available to you. You most likely won’t be eligible for full reinstatement right away and most drivers will be required to show a hardship to begin driving again. This area of law can be confusing and you need a local Joliet reinstatement lawyer on your side. We can help you drive again. Permits are available for:
- Employment reasons, educational and medical requirements
- Child care or elderly care
- Support group or court ordered community service work
- Day care / Educational
All drivers suspended or revoked for a DUI must have obtained a DUI evaluation and completed any and all treatment requirements prior to their hearing. The range of treatment classifications can be from a minimal risk all the way to a high risk dependent. The requirements for these classifications can be confusing and you should speak to a local Joliet driver’s license reinstatement lawyer before you begin this process.
Getting Your License Back
The process for getting you drivers license back after a DUI suspension or revocation can be confusing and frustrating. Having a local Joliet reinstatement lawyer on your side can mean the difference between a denial or a successful hearing. You need someone that knows the inside process and one that has been in these hearings in order to properly advise you. Jack L. Zaremba knows the inside process of these hearings and will guide you through the process from beginning to end. Call us today 815-740-4025 or contact us online.